The organizer of the festival is the youth association “CasCader” Živinice, registered to conduct activities throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The first festival was organized in August 2021, the first year on the Youth Summer Stage of the City of Živinice with the support of the Tuzla Community Foundation.
This August, at the same location and with the same partners, we are organizing a three-day, multimedia festival called
CascadAir Short Film Festival. Conceived as a platform where young people from all walks of life can show their skills, this year CascadAir will bring together young people from the region, Europe and the world in Živinice on the Youth Summer Stage.
Information on the application conditions and criteria can be found here, and we will regularly publish the Festival program on our Instagram and Facebook profiles.
For all information and ambiguities, contact us by email: email@example.com
Terms and conditions for submitting a film to the competition program of the second CascadAir Short Film Festival
(0) General information
● The 2nd CasCadAir Short Film Festival (hereinafter CSFF) will be held from 19 to 21 August 2022 in Živinice, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
● Registration for the Festival is free
● The opening deadline for submitting films in all categories is on April 5, 2022
● CSFF in 2022 represents one competition category:
1. Main program (competition part) – short films
2. Revue program – documentaries, feature films and short films
(1) General conditions for application to the CSFF
1. All young authors and students of academies between the ages of 15 and 35 have the right to submit their films to the “CasCader” category.
2. All authors whose films are thematically intended for youth or are useful for the community have the right to submit their films to the Revue program category.
3. Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina and other countries have the right to participate.
(2) Film specifications
● The submitted film in all categories must not be older than 2 years
● The maximum length of the film in all categories is 25 minutes except in the category of the Review Program where the maximum length of the film is 45 minutes and the minimum length of all films is 5 minutes. This rule can be changed in case the selectors decide otherwise odluče drugačije
● Films not made in Bosnian must be subtitled in Bosnian or accompanied by English and Turkish subtitles in an acceptable format. After submitting the translation, our translators will translate your film into Bosnian , completely free of charge. Then, they will send the translation back to you which you can insert into your film and as such submit it in its final form.
(3) Manner of submission and obligations of the submitter
1. Films are submitted exclusively through the online application for submitting films on the website www.cascader.ba/cascadair or via the FilmFreeWay platform.
1. Films that are attached to the application form are attached in the form of a locked and protected link or in the form of a download link.
2. Films must be available in .mp4 or .mov format.
3. The film trailer, if any, may be in the form of an accessible and unlocked link.
2. All required information in the application form is mandatory.
3. When the submission is received and registered, it can no longer be withdrawn, which automatically means that in case the film is selected, it will be broadcast
4. After completing the submission, the submitter must be available by email or any other contact listed in the application form for more detailed organization of the participation of their films in Festival
5. The submitter undertakes that the information about the submitted film will be accurate and correct, and that he will make available all the necessary information, materials and other content for the purpose of complete submission.
6. The submitter waives the right to the fee for screening a film within the CSFF and the Festival does not limit the number of screenings of the film within one edition.
1. The award for the best film in the “CasCader” selection is 100.00 BAM
2. The award for the best screenplay (statue, certificate of appreciation)
3. The award for the best actor (statue, certificate of appreciation)
4. The award for the best actress (statue, certificate of appreciation)
5. The award for the best original music (statue, certificate of appreciation)
6. Audience Award for the Best Film (statue, certificate of appreciation)
Note: Cash prizes are awarded to potential winners from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro.
(5) Closing of the submission process
1. Submissions will be accepted until 30.06.2022 in the regular deadline, and 15.07.2022 in the additional deadline. Submissions received after the closing date will not be considered, nor will submissions that do not contain all the necessary information. Incomplete submissions will be considered invalid.
2. All authors whose films have been selected for the competition program of the Youth Film Festival Sarajevo will be additionally contacted by the program service of the Festival in order to resolve further logistical and technical details about participation in the Festival.
3. CSFF reserves the right to amend the decisions on the selection of films and to amend or supplement this competition or the list of selected films.
4. Applicants undertake to keep confidential the information exchanged in official correspondence with CSFF representatives and undertake not to disclose it to third parties.
(6) Announcement of the results of the competition
1. The names of the films and authors selected for the competition selections will be officially announced no later than 15 days before the CSFF, while the authors will be published no later than 50 days from the closing date of the competition. The award ceremony will take place at the closing ceremony of the Festival on August 21, 2022.
(7) Final provisions
1. CSFF reserves the right to change all items of the competition without prior notice.
2. All changes will be announced at a later date
3. The Festival will use all collected information exclusively for the purposes of organizing the Festival and will not share it with third parties.